Chicken Adobo (serve this over white rice)
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast cut into pieces
* 1 large onion, quartered and sliced
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (you can use non alocholic vinegar)
* 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (if u don’t use low sodium its wayyy to salty!)
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 bay leaf
(instead of vegetable oil, I've been using 1 TBS olive oil and 1 TBS sesame oil and I always forget the bay leaf)
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, then remove. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook until they soften and brown, about 6 minutes.
2. Pour in vinegar and soy sauce, and season with garlic powder, black pepper, and bay leaf. Add the browned chicken, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.