- Mexi Shells18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro1 teaspoon ground cumin1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained1 can (15 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained2 jars (16 oz each)salsa1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
**Its good with diced green peppers too!
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in cilantro, cumin, chiles and beans.
3. In ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of the salsa. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons beef mixture into each shell. Place shells, filled sides up, on salsa in dish. Pour remaining salsa evenly over shells. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; let stand 10 minutes before serving.