Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chicken and Black Bean Chili

 Chicken and Black Bean Chili
(from America's Best Slow Cooker Recipes)

1 T veg oil
2 lbs chicken cut into cubes
1 med onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomatoes, chopped in juice
1 can corn  or 1 1/2 cups frozen
1 can black beans rinsed and drained or 2 cups soaked, cooked and drained
2 cups mild/med/hot salsa
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp salt

In skillet, heat oil over med and cook chicken until no longer pink.  Transfer to crock pot.  (I didn't do this...I just cooked longer and put in the raw whole breasts and I cut it up after it was cooked and then added it back in....lazy and I hate touching raw chicken)  I also didn't use 2 lbs.  Prob a lb and a half since that is the packages that I get from the grocery typically are.

Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.  Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours or High for 2 to 3 hours, until hot and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment