Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rice Pudding.

Made instant rice pudding for the first time tonight. I followed the recipe on the back of my instant rice box. Its really good! Here is the recipe. I have 6 children so I doubled it.

Ingredients
1 c instant rice
2 1/2 cups milk

1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c raisins (I omitted because I didn't have any)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cooking Directions

In saucepan, combine rice, 2 cups of milk, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and raisins. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; boil slowly 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly. Mix eggs with remaining 1/2 c milk. Slowly add to hot mixture, stirring vigorously with a fork. (I used a whisk) Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add vanilla. Let cool 10 minutes.

I messed up and added all my milk at once. So when it was time to add my eggs, I beat them into some more milk and added some corn starch so it would still thicken and not be runny. Make sure you don't add all your milk at the beginning like I did. So good! That was super easy and the kids are going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment